Established company looking to hire an experienced and highly motivated medical collections specialist to join our dynamic collections team. Duties will include working both in-bound and out-bound collection calls, reviewing accounts, resolving client & patient issues, and collecting overdue payments.
The role requires someone with the ability to balance trustful relationships with timely payments. The ideal candidate should possess outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of laws and policies related to debt collection.
- Manage assigned accounts to collect unpaid debts.
- Develop effective repayment plans.
- Follow-up with customers on overdue accounts.
- Perform all administrative duties related to ensuring office efficiency.
- Achieve monthly goals.
- Follow all laws and regulations including but not limited to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of billing and collection processes.
- Good administrative skills.
- Demonstrate punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to pass a drug screening.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to provide minimum of three references upon request.
**Preferred applicants will also posses a minimum of 2 years-experience in a similar field, have extensive knowledge of all laws governing the debt collection industry and will be highly skilled in negotiation.